Monday, September 20, 2010

Cheap Diapers...won't do THAT again!

A friend asked me a few weeks ago what I spend my days doing with Kellan at home. It's funny when you try and answer a question like this because you look back at all the little things you do with an infant that eat up an entire day...eating, sleeping, diaper changing...not exactly glamorous, right? But sometimes it's the very simple things that make something hilarious happen and take up more time than you ever expected.

We attempted to save some coin buying "budget" diapers. 6 bucks for 50 sounded pretty good. Until this morning when Kellan did a #2 and I went to change him...routine, so you'd think...but not so much.

(skip to the end if you're eating breakfast)

Poop had exploded out the top of the cheapo diaper, covering his back and somehow made it's way up to his neck! I know I am an "exaggerator" but this was serious business...baby poo is not your average substance...it can look like a natural disaster. I'm peeling his onesie off of him and holding him at arm's length as we scurry to the sink, all the while Kellan is looking at me like we're playing a game. Upon further inspection, the sink isn't going to cut it so I run him a bath...which he finds delightful even though I have to run the water twice so he isn't sitting in poop-water, and I look down only to find my own shirt now covered in you-know-what.

LOVELY.

A half hour later, we have a clean diaper. Albeit one of the cheap ones that I'm crossing my fingers makes it to lunchtime. I think we've learned our lesson that there are some things that are worth top dollar...Pampers, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment