Saturday, November 20, 2010

Never loved mornings so much...

I keep Kellan's baby monitor by my bedside so I can hear him throughout the night. At about 5:30 in the morning, he starts to stir, sucks his fingers, talks to his mobile...I walk down the dark hallway to get him, tip toe through his room and find him illuminated by the tiny night light, looking up at me with a toothless grin. It's so basic, something that happens in every kid-filled home, but it lights up my life every day.

I bring him back to bed where I prop myself up and nurse him. By the time he finishes he has fallen back to sleep so I lay him between Kevin and I and his daddy pulls him in close and dozes off for another hour...I can't help but stare. It is the sweetest...

...Kevin takes Kellan when they both wake up to get dressed for the day and puts the bouncer in the kitchen doorway for Kellan to watch Daddy make coffee...I stay in bed and enjoy the last few minutes of a warm pillow and a cold sheet while I listen to Kellan and his dad tell each other about everything.

1 comment: