Monday, August 9, 2010

A Week of Firsts...



This is Kellan's second week home. Mom and Dad tried a few things to see if we could look expert yet, and I think we did a pretty good job. Kellan had his first sponge bath which he didn't really like but was sidetracked by the sound of running water (trick #1 for our bag).

The monsoons are in town so we used the opportunity of a little cooler weather (and I mean "little") to take him on his first morning walk. We thought we would just get coffee and come back but we made it all the way through the Biltmore and around our favorite neighborhood! Kellan slept the whole way but I'm glad we're getting used to the stroller. We took a night walk to the frozen yogurt shop as well...it felt so good to get some fresh air after being in the house for over a week, and I think helped my recovery too getting some exercise.

Kellan also made his first trip to Costco which we didn't take pictures of but I am proud to post that we made it through this first shopping excursion like we were born to do this :) Of course, Kevin did all the lifting, stroller setup and car packing...but I was watching and taking notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment