Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mom's 30th birthday






On Mom's 30th birthday, baby turned 27 weeks old. Kevin took me for an amazing birthday surprise to the Boulders Resort in Cave Creek. It was so relaxing...we first had lunch at the spa and then he dropped me off for a mommy massage. When I was leaving I picked up the cutest pair of puppy knit booties for the baby (Kev thinks they are ridiculous...just wait til the baby puts them on and melts his heart). I was walking to the room and Kev came up the path dressed in his suit for dinner. We went to Binkley's in Cave Creek which was (and I know I exaggerate but not here) THE BEST DINNER I HAVE EVER HAD. It was an experience. We each had a 5 course tasting menu. Kevin had an appetizer of smoked salmon done up all fancy and I had an asparagus soup with lemon creme fraiche. I had a purple and yellow beet salad. We had Kobe steak and pork chops for entrees, cheese fondue and a cheese plate served with popcorn for our final course...it was exquisite. They made me a woo-woo drink with liquid nitrogen that steamed and the menu had "Happy Birthday Bri" on the top just for me. In betwen courses, the chef presented all these weird delicacies like a "disco shot" which was some sugary reduction in a shot glass that was served on on LED disk that changed color. He served mini (MINI) sloppy joe's that were no bigger than the tip of my thumb, a little sip of celery soup...I should stop now or I will start craving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment