Tuesday, February 9, 2010

to my daddy on his birthday

Dear Dad,

I hear from mom that it's your 31st birthday today. You are really old.
I'm still hanging out in here with a few months to go but I already know a few things at 15 weeks about how cool my dad is.

You take very good care of mom. When she's not feeling good you are very gentle and give her foot rubs and back rubs like it was your job.
When she feels better, we celebrate. You take her on long walks for sun and fresh air and make her laugh. You take her to lots of movies and make runs to the store for her cravings (which really benefit me...thanks for that watermelon by the way)

You kiss mom's belly goodnight every night even though I'm not big enough yet to be obvious. You never take anything for granted and mom notices this.

You already put my crib together which means you're excited about me. I'm excited about you too. I already love you and I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Mom's excited about steak for dinner.

See you this summer,
Matilda. (we'll talk if I come out a boy)

No comments:

Post a Comment