Thursday, February 18, 2010

17 weeks, we're having a turnip

Matilda is 17 weeks along today. This week, the cartilage of the skeleton is turning into bone. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and the baby is the size of a turnip at about 5 inches long and 5 ounces weighed. Sweat glands are also developing. The baby is developing the sense of hearing and can move all her/his joints

I looked at a sample 3-D ultrasound and it still looks like a little alien is growing in there.
But we love the alien.

My belly is starting to pop. Actually, Kevin commented the other night that my belly button is about half as deep as it normally is. I look like I just got off of doing a keg stand. It's kind of cute if you know I'm pregnant, but it also kind of looks like I just came from an all-you-can-eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment