Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chicken, you say? I don't think so.

Kellan is now 7 months old and by the labels on things, has graduated to the "meat" level in baby food.

Now, while I have heard nothing good by way of reviews on "meat" baby food, I thought I would try it anyway...if nothing but to add to the reviews and (hopefully) eventually get this garbage off the shelves. It's a weird concept to me in the first place---pre-cooked meat in a can or pouch, sold in the dry goods aisle unrefrigerated? I would only eat it, say, if it were stockpiled in an Armageddon bunker. However, someone must love this stuff because the shelves are FULL of it and the combinations are endless.

Experiment no.1: "Chick Chick" by Happy Baby.
A blend of organic chicken breast, sweet potatoes and brown rice pasta...
Holy Moly! This is SO bad I can't even believe I thought that warming it up would make it better! And poor Kellan spit it out across the tray and WINCED! Not just a mere shudder people...he actually seemed hurt by how bad it was. I tried it myself and I speak from experience: Don't even bother!

Back to blueberries and pears for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bri! Try Sprout Organics...they are made by the chef Tyler Florence. I have only had the veggie ones, but they taste great!!

    ReplyDelete